GET BACK TO NATURE
Whether you're looking for a quiet nature retreat to reconnect with your surroundings or a fun-filled hike down the trails, X Bar Ranch Nature Retreat is the best weekend getaway experience the Texas Hill Country has to offer. Gather the girls, guys, friends and fellows - or just a special someone - for a relaxing and fulfilling weekend retreat. The X Bar specializes in accommodating outdoor enthusiasts and independent travelers.
- Each of the six Live Oak Lodge Cabins has individual climate control and a private bathroom with shower and can sleep two to four guests in a variety of queen, double, twin and bunk combinations.
- Shaded tent campsites with access to water, bathrooms and cold showers as well as RV hook-ups with electricity and water can be found in the area immediately adjacent to the Live Oak Lodge.
- The Round House - a fully furnished guest house that provides not only full home amenities but also sweeping views of the surrounding hillsides and pastures. The Round House offers the ultimate in privacy and can sleep up to five people.
Learn more about all of our lodging options and amenities by clicking here.
With 7,100 acres, the X Bar Ranch has plenty of activities to keep you busy. Some of our favorites include:
- Miles and miles of hiking trails. Hikers of all ages an experience levels will enjoy cutting a path through dry river valleys, mesquite flats and cedar/oak covered hills.
- Star-gazing and astronomy opportunities. The X Bar Ranch is blessed with wide-open spaces and dark skies and we've developed two protected observing fields specifically built to meet the needs of individuals or groups of astronomers.
- Nature photography and reconnecting with the outdoors. The X Bar Ranch has been named "One of Texas' Best Backyard Habitats" by the National Wildlife Federation and the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
Learn more about all of the diverse and exciting activities available at the X Bar Ranch by clicking here.
The X Bar may be a quiet isolated Hill Country ranch, but it's still close enough to a multitude of area attractions that appeal to visitors who wish to strike out and explore. Whether you're interested in historical sites, the vibrant bustle of San Angelo, the underground beauty of the Caverns of Sonora or even fine art, several area attractions can be found nearby and afford X Bar guests with fun excursions.